I have been with Cigna only 2 months now, but I am so excited to be a part of this big family.
Hi, my name is Joy Tan and I work on the Cigna Clinical Team. I am glad to be one of the professionals who help our customers.
- Cigna not only is an insurance company, but it’s a global health service provider that helps individuals and families improve their health, well-being and sense of security—and lower their medical costs.
- I was a nurse for 7 years, first in neurosurgery at the Shanghai Huashan Hospital, and then I moved into family medicine at Parkway Health and United Family Hospital.
- As a nurse, I understand what it takes to offer the best in patient care. A career with Cigna is gives me an opportunity to grow in a field that matches my unique skill and capabilities. Working here allows me to reach and improve the lives of so many customers. I am committed to delivering quality health care and related benefits to all of our customers and their families, around the world.
Summer is here, and people are paying more attention to their weight. Here are some Healthy Diet Tips to help you stay on track with your weight goals:
- Consider drinking a glass of water or another calorie-free beverage before a meal as a way to avoid overeating.
- Dividing your daily caloric intake into smaller meals, and enjoying them earlier in the day, can help you to feel fuller and reduce unnecessary snacking.
- Remember, you can still enjoy your favorite foods – but the key is moderation.
- Breakfast is the most important meal of the day! Always make time for a healthy morning meal, with options such as high-fiber cereal, low-fat milk, and fruit. Eating a well-balanced meal can help you maintain a healthy weight.
- Weigh yourself once a week. People who weigh themselves regularly tend to have greater weight loss success.
- Be sure to get a good night’s rest. Sleeping well helps to ensure your body and mind are energized and focused for the day ahead.
- Celebrate and reward your weight loss success, but not with food. Instead, consider buying a new gadget or outfit that makes you feel proud of your new achievement.
Registered Nurse /
Good health is desirable no matter what continent we are on, and I love having a positive impact on my customers' health.
I joined Cigna in 1985 as a Utilization Review nurse and became a case manager when I relocated from Pennsylvania to Richmond, Virginia in 1997. I became a member of Cigna's international team in 2010.
Although I enjoyed my previous position as a domestic case manager with CareAllies, I have truly found my niche at Cigna Global Health. I feel fortunate to have landed in this division where there is an appreciation for each individual’s efforts in fulfilling the company’s mission and business goals, and a true commitment to improving the health and well-being of every customer.
As a child in Barbados, I frequently dreamed of visiting faraway places and this didn’t stop when I immigrated to the US. I spent a year in Paris right after earning my nursing degree and I have visited many countries since. One of the things I enjoy most about my job is the interaction I have with the culturally diverse international community.
Are you preparing for an overseas trip? It feels like everyone is gearing up for vacation season, here are some important Pre-departure Travel Tips to help you prepare for the fun:
- Schedule routine medical and dental care for each family member before you leave. This should include a visit to the eye doctor.
- Carry an extra pair of eyeglasses and contact lenses.
- Carry a copy of your personal health records along with a doctor’s note explaining your need for legal, non-prescription drugs that you may be carrying.
- Check the availability of certain foods if you have dietary restrictions. You may want to bring along a few of your favorite foods, especially if you are travelling with kids.